Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Continuity task




In order to maintain continuity within our accident sequence, we used a master shot to introduce the setting of the scene- a sports field and hurdles, and to show the main character. Then we cut to a mid shot to show the main character's expression and highlight that he is warming up to run over the hurdles. We then cut to a rear shot of the character preparing to run, sticking to the 180 degree rule, and made sure that the cut seemed to continue from the last smoothly. We then cut to another low-angle shot of the character continuing to run, again turning 180 degrees, and then a side-on shot of the character continuing to his last hurdle, and beginning to fall, before cutting to a low angle close up showing the character lying on the floor to show that he has fallen - overall a range of shot types were used.

In hindsight, in order to improve the narrative flow of the accident sequence, I could have included a wider range of continuity techniques. For example, I could make sure that every cut in the sequence applies match on action, so that the scene flows realistically and smoothly. Also, I now know that when filming, we broke the 180 degree rule, in the two last shots, this could make the accident look less believable and made the overall sequence confusing, as it looked like the character had changed directions. To improve this, I would keep the camera in the same direction as the other shots to ensure match-on action.

No comments:

Post a Comment