Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Thursday 10 July 2014

Evaluation- 4. How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?


What I have Learnt:

Lip- Syncing:

Performance skills: The experience of performing on a professional set has not only improved my confidence but also made me realise that as everyone is there to perform for the video, there is no need to feel shy or out of place- the friendly atmosphere of the shoot means that performances run smoothly and to a high standard.
The bike scene band performing on set

Sound and Lighting: Spending time in the gallery watching Nico control the sound and lighting using the control desks was really interesting and means that when we shoot our actual video, I will be able to personally edit and control the lighting within the studio in order to make it appropriate for our shoot.

Camera:I was surprised that our shoot was being shot on the canon 5D- a reasonably low priced compact camera, however, now that I have seen the outcome footage, I am certain that the high quality of film is more than good enough for shooting my music video on.Furthermore by shadowing those in charge of the camera, and the director, I was able to understand how particular framing and lighting can be achieved, with the use of various stands and clamps proving flexible, steady footage.

Set organisation/ props:In order for the shoot to run effectively, all props and sets necessary were already pre-planned and ready to place on set- this involved a professional prop checklist in order to ensure that all props would be available and present on the day of the shoot. Similarly, the specific timetable of set changes ensure that on such a tight schedule,all shots are achieved at the same high standard without major overrunning.

Costume:By having all costumes already prepared and labelled according to cast member in the dressing room, costume changes and make up can be applied efficiently, with spare costumes preventing any loss of time of continuity errors in case of damage or loss.

What I am looking forward to for next time:

Creating the concept: After analysing and recreating The 1975- Girls music video, I realised that the lyrics of the song do not necessarily have to be reflected within the video. In the case of this song, the video i ironic and a public statement, therefore when creating my music video, I could incorporate this concept in order to create an entertaining, lighthearted video.

The cast relaxing during a break on workshop day
Performing: Now that I have had real experience of performance in a professional style shoot, I am excited to play a greater role in my own music video, with enough confidence to lip sync and perform effectively in front of the camera.





Filming:Knowing that the %D is easy to operate and handle will mean that I am more confident on the next shoot day and able to pay close attention to framing and lighting to prevent the need for a re shoot. I look forward to using the 4 screens available to both view the set as it is being filmed on a larger screen and also for playback to check for necessary camera angle or lighting adjustments.
My editing of the letters: identical to the original


Editing: The experience gave me confidence in editing a music video sequence, rather than a continuous film opening, and I am looking forward to a music video not only of my original ideas but one which is edited in time with the music and broken down into a multitude of interchanging sets and shots to create an exciting and unique visual experience




No comments:

Post a Comment