Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Monday 8 September 2014

R&P- Audience Survey

Before deciding on our own artist and genre, we needed to have an idea as to what styles of music and specific artists different age groups and gender listen to. 

By creating a music-based survey, I was able to ask family and friends various simple questions regarding their consumption of music in order to establish which sort of audience I would like to target my video at, and which genres appeal more to specific gender /age groups. 

Here are some of the results:






From analysing the results of the survey, I have noticed that its is generally the younger audience who consume pop music and follow the charts, however, older teenagers- such as the 17 year old male below begin to form a more unique and personal taste as they grow up.

 Regarding genre, it is evident that younger audiences are more interested in dance and electronic music- shown by the 26 year old male below, after all they are generally the age group who go to clubs and live music concerts.

Finally, when considering how people discover and consume music, their is a general pattern between younger audiences using the internet and older audiences using radio and purchasing CD's, however, this is also contradicted in the survey below of the 47 year old female, as she said that she used spotify and other means of downloading- torrenting (illegal peer to peer) to obtain her music.

No comments:

Post a Comment