Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Influential Music Videos

Now that I have decided that my music video will either be of the indie rock or electronic genre- performed by a solo artist (gender undecided), with the band members/ dancers accompanying them in the video, i have been able to narrow down the style of the video.

During my studies, there is one particular director who I came across and wish to replicate both his style of camerawork and also the use of choreography lighting and editing: Daniel Wolfe. Wolfe is a critically acclaimed Director of both film and music videos, I would like take some of the styling such as the lighting and choreography from The Shoes- 'Time To dance' video below, which won the 2012 Music Video award for Best Editing.



 He recently produced the following short film for Folk musician Paolo Nutini's 'Iron Sky', which instantly recieved recognition for its intelligent and daring use of cinematography and cross cutting between archived footage to create a story which draws in the audience, I would like to use the element of swapping footage and montaging.

 

Wolfe has had a very very varied approach when directing- working with well known artists such as Chase and Status- he produced the video for their hit 'Blind Faith', using old VHS cameras and ensured that settings and props were all themed appropriately to successfully present the amateur footage of 90's partiers- this is a creative style, with elements of which I am considering including, as I feel that the contrasting between the old and the new- Video cassette and HD footage, could create an interesting and engaging visual effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment