Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Influential/ Inspirational Styles/ Movements/ Periods (Film/Music/Art/Fashion)



I would like to draw some of my inspiration from the well known film 'A Clockwork Orange' (1971) directed by Stanley Kubrick, the reason being for this is that the use of framing within the film successfully reflects a hyperreal, dystopian setting- although I am aiming to shoot my music video in a studio, i feel this style of framing could be incorporated to give the video an intimidating feel.

The use of blue lighting and heavy shadowing add suspense to the shot
The use of framing makes the audience feel inside the room

Another element that I would like to employ within my video would be some of the aesthetics and common elements of paintings from the neo-expressionism art movement of the 70's/ 80's, as i feel that the use of this wild, carefree style artwork either in the background of the shot or used in transitions, could reflect the aggressive, independent and young attitude of the artist- in particular with the works of George Baselitz and Jean Michel Basquiat.


The graffiti style of Basquiat's work could create an interesting and urban backdrop for certain scenes of the video.

 The use of Baselitz' art could create an image of confusion and disaster within the video as the artist carries on performing without care.

Styling the artist: normcore

No comments:

Post a Comment