Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Suitable tracks for the video

I envisage my music video being heavily focused on the artist themself- most probably a solo artist, and herefore shall follow them lipsynching, therefore for this reason, my suitable song choices are all quite light- nothing too electronic, with clear, rather simple lyrics, making it easy to use them as the basis of a video, however, I do not want to create a narrative based video, therefore these songs enable the lyrics to explain the stories behind the songs.


I chose sooky black - reason as a possible song as I like the unique tone and ace of the singer's voice, this would enable me to create a video related to the lyrical themes of  love, but also the electronic effects wuld enable me to insert archive footage of art and other effects as transition between verses to create the calm effect of the music.







I chose this song as I really like the idea of using FKA Twigs as the model for my own solo artist if I decided upon a female- as a young British artist with a unique voice, it would be easy to lip sync to the song, with the electronic structure of the song providing the twist necessary to work with my ideas of transition between shots and flashing lighting and the possibility of choreography.





Moving onto the indie genre, I believe this song - 'Friend'  by upcoming band Baby Strange would be great if I were to create a more upbeat, carefree music video- with the strong lead vocals and accompanying band meaning that the video would have to switch the focus between singer and band, through which I could possibly integrate the use of footage shot on my VHS camera to give the chaotic, disorderly effect that the song evokes.




Similar to 'Friend', Cocoon by Catfish and the Bottlemen has one lead singer accompanied by a band, however, in this song, the band are less prominent, therefore I feel that with the use of this song I could focus my video on the struggle of the lead singer. The lyrics of this song reflect the separation the lead from his love by society, and his determination to get her back, therefore this could work well with a completely studio-shot video focusing on the boy and girl- with transitions between them and dancers surrounding them symbolising their separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment