Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Monday 8 September 2014

Current trends in popular music


By analysing the BBC top 10 album sales of this week, it is clear that there are 2 particular trends that are common in most of the top 10 artists: male singers are very popular at the moment- such as Sam Smith, ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini and george Ezra, and also boy bands- such as maroon 5 and collabro.

The artists in the top 10 singles charts have a similar trend- with similar male artists dominating the chart, howvere the majority of the artists listed above are all within the dance genre- this suggests that there has recently been a resurgence in the popularity of Dance music.


When comparing the singles chart with the top 10 downloaded singles of the week listed on the official top 40, it becomes clear that most of the tracks on both charts are the same- reflecting how in today's society, where the internet plays a big part in most people' daily life, people much prefer to download music rather than buy a physical copy. Similarly, the majority of songs on both lists are of the dance/ electronic genre- suggesting that currently dance music is becoming increasingly popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment