Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Influential/ Inspirational Websites

In order to fit in with the current trends of social media and online shopping, I would like to design a simplistic, interactive website for my artist- reflecting their modern, fashionable image, and also giving fans the opportunity to buy the artists music and also view galleries of the artists recent concerts. The following website below is for New York Punk Hip-Hop Band Ratking- as a less famous act they  do not have their own website, simply a page off of their Label- XL Recordings's site (http://www.xlrecordings.com/ratking)- this simple site lists tour dates, videos, new releases and links to related sites- effectively fulfilling all of the viewer's needs.

A screenshot of Ratking's site- http://www.xlrecordings.com/ratking

However, in order to give the site a distinct, entertaining feature, which could cause viewers to share the site with their freinds and gain the artist more publicity, I have also considered using distirted images and pictures in order to produce a mock 'error' upon the page (such as that on the website (www.glitche.com), which uses the artistic style to advertise their application by appealing to fans of art and technology.




I also liked the style of the websites of the British dance music artists Duke dumont and Redlight- both of their sites followed the same rather simplistic format- the main content of both of them being an embedded youtube video of their latest single, surrunded by various hypelinks to other sections of the site such as 'Gig listings' and also links to merchandise sites and the official itnues page for the artists.

I feel that this would be more appropriate for my artist as it is their debut single, therefore should be the centre of attention on the website, especially if I opt for the dance/ electronic genre, as audiences will e more likely to want to hear the upbeat sounds whilst they browse the site and make them want to book gig tickets.



A link to Duke Dumont's official instagram account

I liked the idea of having a direct link to the artists instagram account in order to draw in fans to follow the artist and stay updated with their tours and new releases.









No comments:

Post a Comment