Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Friday 21 November 2014

Studio Session 1 - Footage Review


After importing the footage from our first shoot, (test shoot), we were able to put some of it onto a timeline with the VHS footage previously captured in order to see what the two types of footage looked like in transition, snapping to the beat as we planned.

The video can be seen here:



As we only had the long shot in the studio to use, there is not much to see, and it is clear that in order for the style to work, there must be a variety of camera angles and more frequent cuts between narrative and studio shots in order to keep the audience entertained. We will bare this in mind on our next shoot and create a new shoot board with more variations. 

Altogether, the footage has given me confidence in our plans, and I feel that with more time and concentration on specific shots, the style will work well. Also. we feel that the transition to VHS is not as bad as we expected= with the change in video dimensions and the black bars creating a clear representation of the camera/ time change.

No comments:

Post a Comment