Introductory Post


Hi, My Name is Louis and I am a 17 year old male studying towards my A Levels at the Latymer School, North London. I study History, English and Media.
My Candidate Number is 0131, and I am part of group 5, alongside Josh Brooks (0110), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Sebastian Hodge (0330).
You can use the labels section on the right hand side of the page to easily navigate my blog, with separate sections for AS, A2, Coursework and Preliminary tasks.
Furthermore there is a link to my school's Media Blog Archive on the right, where you can access all other blogs made at The Latymer School.
Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my work.

Our Music Video


Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
Our website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover
Our Digipak Cover

Friday 21 November 2014

Studio Session 3 - 20th November



After reviewing the footage from shoot 2 on the 13th November, which was our first proper shoot, we realised that ou studio footage was extremely static and npt too appealing to the eye. As a result, in this shoot, we tried out various new techniques in order to make the footage more interesting and appealing.

One of our main ideas was to have 2 contrasting sets- one black backdrp with white costumes, ad the other a whiteout with black costumes, and hoped that the contrast between the two would create an affect similar to the use of colour contrasting in Hot Chip's 'Ready for the floor' music video.

 This was a risk as we had not tested this idea, however we felt that if effective, it could add a lot more aesthetic value and a unique look to our music video, and bring out the contrasts  within the artists.


When reviewing our footage during the shoot, we were pleasantly surprised by the effect the contrast between black and white setup created, however, we were looking forwad o taking the footage to the edit suite to compare the two setups alongside one another.





No comments:

Post a Comment